January 31, 2021
- Volleyball tryouts begin tomorrow at 3:30 pm in Art Dawald for players who have registered on familyID for Season 1-Volleyball.
- We will be continuing practicing in pods of 6 players until our region moves to covid phase 2.
- Practices will be from 3:30 -5:00 and 5:15 to 6:45.
- Mrs Anderson will email players who have been attending the preseason training or who have registered on familyID with their assigned practice times. We expect you to be on time, daily. Emails will be sent to player's email@example.com accounts.
- Please fill out the attestation form by noon Monday to avoid delay when arriving.
- We will take your temperature when you arrive. Please do not attend if you are feeling ill.
- We will take attendance and expect players to attend daily.
- We will move players between pods, as necessary, so that we can assess them fairly and assign them to the appropriate group for evaluation. Don't confuse or associate a pod with a specific team.
- Parents/spectators are not allowed in the facility.
- Understand that this is a tryout and that you're expected to do what coaches are directing you to do to the best of your ability. Your attitude, communication and work ethic are extremely important in the selection process.
- You must wear your mask over your mouth and nose at all times unless drinking water during a break.
- Maintain social distancing while not competing. Place your bags ~6 ft apart along the walls.
- Call Coach Bob 509.851.8849 with your questions. Good luck, Bombers.
January 17, 2021
- Volleyball has been moved to season 1 with a starting date of February 1 and ending date of March 22.
- Our southeast region will need to be in Phase 2 of the Healthy Sport Return to Activity Guidelines published by WIAA on January 15, 2021, to start normal team practices and interscholastic matches.
- Richland volleyball will be conducting small group practices with a maximum of 6 players in a pod starting January 19 and continuing through January 29.
- Players must be registered in familyID to participate in the January 19 through January 29, and a separate registration for the volleyball season starting February 1.
- We, the volleyball program, will communicate with players via the athlete’s @student.rsd.edu email.
- The volleyball program will have a zoom session on Monday, January 18, 2021, at 4:30 pm to address questions that players may have.
- Mrs. Anderson is the volleyball contact in the RHS office. Her phone contact is 509-967-6535.
- The pods will be created in accordance with ability, age and commitment to practices during the next two weeks. When checking in for practice on Tuesday, Jan 19, players will indicate to coaches which preseason practices the athlete is committing to attend. If an athlete cannot attend regularly, she will be placed wherever there is room in a pod.
- Players will complete on line attestation forms before entering the gym.
- Players will be required to mask from the time they enter the facility until they leave.
November 18, 2020
WIAA has changed the start of the 2020-21 volleyball season to March 15, 2021. The season will finish on May 1, 2021. This is in response to the huge increase in cases statewide. Basketball will start on February 1, 2021.
November 16, 2020
Hi Bonbers and parents
1. Gov. Inslee's covid 19 directives have resulted in the cancellation of Bomber volleyball practices at least through Dec 14, 2020. We will schedule a zoom session for Bomber volleyball players on November 23, to bring you up to date on any changes that we know about with respect to practices and our season. Please watch your RSD email for an invitation.
2. It is unfortunate that we are not able to meet in person, but it is not surprising because of the rapid spread of the virus.
3. Please be safe and remember that the choices we make individually affect all of us collectively.
4. Go Bombers. Coach Bob
November 7, 2020
Dear Bomber volleyball athletes and parents
1. Volleyball practices will be on Monday and Friday after school hours. Players will be assigned to pods (teams) of no more than 6 players in accordance with WIAA guidelines. Our goal is to maintain pod integrity for contact tracing purposes in case of illness or positive covid 19 test results. We contact the girls with their practice times via their @students.rsd.edu email. It is important that the girls respond to our emails so that we can confirm who will be attending practices. The RSD IT support group can assist you with email problems. (509-967-6162)
2. Off season practices will continue through Dec 18, 2020 so that we are afforded a training opportunity that was not available in the summer because of the pandemic. Participation in this training opportunity is not a requirement for trying out for volleyball in March 2021.
3. Players must be registered and approved on familyid to participate in volleyball or any athletics. Contact Mrs. Parker for familyId information and Mrs Anderson for volleyball practice information. They can be reached at 509-967-6535 during school hours (8am-4pm, M-F)
4. With that said, it is more important than ever that ill athletes stay home. The girls will be filling out an attestation form at each practice. The form is simply a checklist of covid 19 symptoms that asks whether your daughter has experienced any covid 19 symptoms that day or knowingly been in close contact(<6ft) with a positive testing individual for >15 minutes. However, the symptoms are similar to a cold or flu, so don't come if you exhibit them. We will be checking your daughter's temperature before practice starts. There will be quarantine and/or covid 19 testing options for those individuals displaying covid 19 symptoms.
5. Players will enter the facility at their designated practice time wearing a mask with a personal water bottle, and wearing appropriate playing attire. Water jugs will not be provided at the facility. Additionally, only the toilets and wash basins will be available in the rest rooms, and players will not be allowed to use them to change. We will be providing hand sanitizer for use by players and coaches.
7. Practice sessions will be about an hour. I understand that many of the girls have not been physically active for months. Practicing with a pod of 6 will tire them quickly. If approved, we will finish sessions in the weight room.
8. The link below is a good reference for those of you who want to play in college. It will be in your best interest to reach out to those colleges that interest you with phone calls and emails and connect with their coaches. I am sure that coaches will be using videos of potential college athletes even more than usual because of restrictions that have been placed on them. The college season will be at the same time as our spring HS season this year, and it will be difficult for coaches to attend club tournaments. Think about what you want from college, where you can afford to go, and then connect with the coaches at those schools. If you expect college coaches to find you, I am sure that you will be disappointed. A good video is very important. I am here to help and so don't hesitate to contact me.
9. Finally, changes are occurring on a daily or sometimes hourly basis, and I am asking for your understanding and patience in these difficult times. I will update this bulletin board when changes occur to inform parents and continue with the zooms as needed for the girls. I am not always in immediate contact with my staff to communicate changes that reach me through my chain of command. It is best if you contact me by text or email with your questions rather than my assistants.
Bob Raidl, Varsity Volleyball Coach, Richland HS. firstname.lastname@example.org